- Written by Luke
- Published in Samsung Gear
- Read 17963 times
- font size decrease font size increase font size
Navigator is Google Maps™ navigation viewer for Samsung smart watches. This app shows navigational directions and plays voice guidance that comes directly from Google Maps™ android app.
How it works:
First time after installation:
• Launch Navigator in phone or tablet
• Grant requested permission
Every time when you want to use navigation:
• Launch Android Google Maps™ app in phone or tablet
• If autostart option is disabled: in smart watch launch Navigator
• Google Maps™ directions will be shown on your smart watch
• Google Maps™ voice guidance will be played on smart watch
• Incoming maneuver is signalled in smart watch by advanced vibrations and sound
• Choose the most suitable colour theme from app settings
For Galaxy Watch and Gear users:
This is companion app what means that host app must be installed on your phone (from Play Store). It will be done automatically right after installation of Navigator client app will be completed.
For Gear Fit 2 / Pro users:
Application automatically installs client app on your Gear band. Please accept installation confirmation when proper dialog box appears.
This app shows only directions, distances, maneuvers and ETA, map is not displayed on smart watch.
Works on Galaxy Watch 3, Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Active 2, Galaxy Active, Gear Sport, Gear S3, Gear S2, Gear Fit 2, Gear Fit 2 Pro (all models and variants).
For Galaxy Watch 3, Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Active 2, Galaxy Active, Gear Sport, S3 & S2 get it for from Galaxy Store on your mobile device or click here.
For Gear Fit 2 / Pro get it directly for from Play Store on your mobile device or click here.
• Launch Navigator in phone and check if all permissions are granted
• Check Settings / Apps / Navigator / Battery / Allow background activity. Switch should set to: enabled
• Check Settings / Apps / Maps / Battery / Allow background activity.
Switch should set to: enabled
• Make sure that notifications are enabled for Android Google Maps™ app, go to Settings / Apps / Maps / Notifications. Switch should set to: enabled
• Note that directions in watch are shown only when navigation in Android Google Maps™ app is started (it is not enough to just launch Google Maps™ app)
- Turn by turn navigation
- Shows directions directly from Android Google Maps™ app
- Plays voice guidance from Google Maps™ app right on your smart watch
- Advanced vibrations, three short vibrations for right turns, two for left turns
- Get it for Galaxy Watch & Gear
- Get it for Gear Fit 2 / Pro