Navigation - G Maps Viewer for smartwatches is Google Maps™ navigation viewer for Huawei Watch 3, GT3 and GT2 Pro smartwatches. This app shows navigational directions and plays voice guidance that comes directly from Google Maps™ android app.
How it works:
First time after installation:
• Launch Navigation in phone or tablet
• Grant requested permission
Every time when you want to use navigation:
• Launch Android Google Maps™ app in phone or tablet
• If autostart option is disabled: in smartwatch launch Navigation app
• Google Maps™ directions will be shown on your smartwatch
• Google Maps™ voice guidance will be played on smartwatch (on Anadroid < 11)
• Incoming maneuver is signalled in smartwatch by advanced vibrations and sound
• Choose the most suitable colour theme from app settings
This is companion app what means that host app must be installed on your phone from Huawei App Gallery.
Navigation app for smartwatch is available through the App Gallery app on Huawei smartwatch.
Works on Huawei Watch 3, Huawei GT3 and Huawei GT2 Pro (all variants).
This app shows only directions, distances, maneuvers and ETA, map is not displayed on smartwatch.
• Launch Navigation in phone and check if all permissions are granted
• Check Settings / Apps / Navigation / Battery / Allow background activity. Switch should set to: enabled
• Check Settings / Apps / Maps / Battery / Allow background activity. Switch should set to: enabled
• Make sure that notifications are enabled for Android Google Maps™ app, go to Settings / Apps / Maps / Notifications. Switch should set to: enabled
• Note that directions in watch are shown only when navigation in Android Google Maps™ app is started (it is not enough to just launch Google Maps™ app)
- Turn by turn navigation
- Shows directions directly from Android Google Maps™ app
- Plays voice guidance from Google Maps™ app right on your smartwatch
- Advanced vibrations, three short vibrations for right turns, two for left turns
- Get it for phone / tablet from Huawei App Gallery
- Get it for smartwatch from App Gallery on Huawei smartwatch
City Navigator is first and the only turn-by-turn city navigation app with offline maps for Gear / Galaxy smartwatches.
• Turn by turn navigation
• Map View, Satellite View and Street View™
• Maps from Google™ service
• Offline maps (maps of the routes can be downloaded to device and kept for 30 days)
• Routes are saved for offline usage
• Four route modes: public transportation, walking, bicycling, driving
• In public transport mode departure times of all means of transport
• Voice and text guidance in your language (81 languages supported)
• Auto route recalculation when out of the route (in online mode only)
• Suggests alternative routes
• Map page with self updating map and directions
• Maneuver page showing upcoming maneuver, distance left, total distance and arrival time
• Route script viewer
• Searching locations via typing, voice commands and map acquiring
• Show suggested places (POI) related to searched location
• POI details (distance, rating etc.)
• Vibra advanced notifications: different vibrations depending on maneuver type
• Battery saving mode
• Night mode
• History of places
• No additional software installed onto phone
Check map services coverage details here.
Works on Galaxy Watch 3, Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Active 2, Galaxy Active, Gear Sport, Gear S3 and Gear S2 (and variants).
Get it for from Galaxy Store on your mobile device or click here.
- City Navigator
- Turn by turn navigation
- Offline maps
- Powered by Google™ services
- Get it