- Published in Samsung Gear
- Be the first to comment!
- Read: 44464 times
G-Keyboard Pro is first speech recognition app for Galaxy / Gear smartwatches powered by Google™ Cloud Speech-to-Text engine.
This is QWERTY virtual keyboard that replaces system keyboard, but the unprecedented feature is Speech-to-Text function that returns text transcription in real time.
• Recognizes 120 languages and variants
• Instantly convert speech into text thanks to machine learning technology
• Apply the most advanced deep-learning neural network algorithms to audio for speech recognition
• Easy to use QWERTY virtual keyboard
• In app purchase add-on: 3x4 Keyboard
Use it in standard watch apps like messaging, e-mail, navigation, store and hundreds of 3rd party apps available in store.
Instant reply via speech recognition to messages from What's app, Messenger, Skype, SMS and other instant-messaging apps.
Works on Galaxy Watch 3, Galaxy Watch, Galaxy Active 2, Galaxy Active, Gear Sport and Gear S3 (all variants).
Get it from Galaxy Store on your mobile device or click here.
- G-Keyboard Pro
- 120 languages
- Immediately returns text as
it’s recognized from user speaking
- Powered by Google™ Speech-to-text
- Get it for Galaxy Watch & Gear
- I have installed the app, but I cannot find it in the watch?
- Predictive text is not working.
- Is internet connection required?
- I see often “Service failed” message, what it means?
- What type of internet connection is required? WiFi, LTE, 4G or internet from phone via Bluetooth connection?
- Is Google™ Cloud Speech-to-Text functionality limited?
- I see new option: "Store" - what is it for?
- There are additional Speech-to-Text packages in G-Keyboard Store, why, what for?
- Can I expect new, cool features?
- G-Keyboard Pro is not sold in my country, how can I buy it?
- I have a lot of new ideas on how to improve this application, is any chance to introduce them?
I have installed the app, but I cannot find it in the watch?
It is necessary to change default keyboard to G-Keyboard Pro. You can do this in watch Settings / General / Input / Default Keyboard.
Predictive text is not working, what to do?
First of all please enable predictive text in keyboard settings.
When enabled it works in following way:
- on the beginning dictionary is empty
- it remembers words that you enter
- it suggests these words when you enter them next time
For example: you enter text: "I am going to grocery store". Next time when you enter letter "g", words "going" and "grocery" will be suggested.
Is internet connection required??
Google™ Cloud Speech-to-Text is online service, so speech recognition function requires internet access. However keyboard itself works offline – so internet access in not necessary.
I see often “Service failed” message, what it means?
It means that Google ™ speech recognition engine which works in watch, cannot connect to their remote cloud service: Google ™ Cloud Speech-to-Text. Or it can connect but internet connection quality is not enough to support bi-directional text-to-voice transmission. In this case try speech recognition again, or make sure your watch is connected to proper WiFi network, WiFi signal is strength, your watch is in range of LTE network (for LTE watches only). Other solution is to pair and connect watch with phone to have internet access from phone.
What type of internet connection is required? WiFi, LTE, 4G or internet from phone via Bluetooth connection?
It doesn’t matter, it is not important. The only requirement is that connection should be stable and reliable.
Is Google™ Cloud Speech-to-Text functionality limited?
Yes, the maximum number of speech to text conversions may be limited according to "Fair Usage Policy". Don't worry, this is not applicable for normal usage, but for power users rather.
I see new option: "Store" - what is it for?
In near future it will be possible to buy extras like keyboard themes, new keyboard layouts etc.
There are additional Speech-to-Text packages in G-Keyboard Store, why, what for?
Some power users use Speech-to-Text functionality very intensively. Sometimes they may reach quota limit. So in some cases it may be necessary to buy one of the additional packages from G-Keyboard Store. There are following packages: 1000 seconds, 2000 seconds, 5000 seconds and 10000 seconds. Why? Because we pay for it to Google. What you pay is passed to Google entirely. Don't worry, this is not applicable for normal usage, but for power users rather.
Can I expect new, cool features?
Yes, we introduce a lot of features with every update. We plan to add new keyboard layouts, keyboard types like T9, keyboard themes etc.
G-Keyboard Pro is not sold in my country, how can I buy it?
I have a lot of new ideas on how to improve this application, is any chance to introduce them?